Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Basic rules of maintaining natural hair care

 1. MOISTURE

Before you begin running for cover, it is fair to let you know that what was the greatest enemy of the chemically conducive is the dearest necessity of the kinked, curled, and carefree natural diva. Moisture is vital to naturally curly hair. Natural hair can be dryness prone if not governed properly.

2. DEEP CONDITION

I firmly believe that deep conditioning is a vital necessity to taking care of and securing strong natural hair. From my experience, it is vital that you deep condition at least once every two weeks. Although I will suggest my product reviews and personal mix ideas at a later date (because the information is massive), I personally think that Carol’s Daughter tui hair smoothie is one of the best deep conditioners I have known. If you know of some yourself, please use it.

3. YES, CLARIFY IT

 Let me explain further. For your average individuals, not swimmers, or any other natural diva that may need to constantly use clarifying shampoo, it should be done NOT more twice a month. The purpose of this is to remove the chemical build-up from the products that you use.

4. NO SULFATES

During the week that we are not clarifying, we are using regular shampoo. For the natural divas that have not received the telegram, THIS JUST IN: SULFATES ARE NOT OUR FRIEND! Certainly, I was addicted to the tiny, white, frothy bubbles too, but it is time to let them go. They are responsible for the drying of our hair in addition to carcogenic properties that that threaten the health of our eyes and scalp.

5. PETROLATUM

Petrolatum, deeply imbedded in the roots of African- American hair care and styling, is often a subject of controversy. To use it or not to use it. I like many African-American girls, I grew up with my mother using it on my hair/scalp and I possessed a long, thick head of hair throughout my childhood.

6. NATURAL OILS AND BUTTERS

Whether you use shea butter/oil, mango butter, coconut, jojoba, or any other oil you find ideal, there should always be some things to consider. First, like many others believe these are great for natural hair; however, individuals that write on this subject fail to specify whether they mean shea butter lotion, shea butter repair cream etc… I will tell you this. Shea butter is good for you. 

7. BE WEARY OF WEAVES, EXTENSIONS

You have an even bigger problem if these strands lying in a crumbled heap on your floor have tiny white bulbs at the end. These are the hair root bulbs, possibly permanently damaging your scalp/follicles. In addition, long extensions can add too much weight to the hair, causing extra damage. http://www.ultraimports.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment